Friday, April 14, 2017

Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord

9 April 2017

Antiphon Hosanna to the Son of David (mtgf)
Procession Hosanna (Paul Inwood)
Psalm 21 My God, my God (Chrosyopher Walker)
Gospel Acclamation Lenten (mtgf)
Preparation of Gifts Ours were the greifs (Stephen Dean)
Eucharistic Acclamations Missa Ubi Caritas (Bob Hurd)
Lamb of God Missa Ubi Caritas (Bob Hurd)
Communion Antiphon Father, if this chalice (mtgf)
Communion Christus factus est (Anerio)
Final My song is love unknown

Last year, I was away for Palm Sunday so this was the first time I had experienced the procession. We have a natural gathering point and route - from what was originally one of Walpole's follies - the Chapel in the Woods across the piazza to the chapel. We began with the choir singing the opening antiphon. For the procession we continued our use of the Hosanna from the Gathering Mass and I written a psalm tine from verses from Psalm 24. It seemed to work well, my one thought was that the harmony on the Hosannas might have been better left until we had entered the chapel.

No comments:

Post a Comment