Monday, October 31, 2011

31st Sunday in Ordinary Time

30 October 2011

EntranceDear Lord and Father of mankind
Penitential RiteSt Gabriels (mtgf)
GloriaSt Gabriels (mtgf)
Psalm 130Keep me safe (mtgf)
Gospel AcclamationSalisbury (Christopher Walker)
Preparation of GiftsThere is a longing (Anne Quigley)
Eucharistic AcclamationsCreation (Marty Haugen)
Lamb of GodLamb of God 6 (mtgf)
CommunionMany are the light beams (Widestrand)
FinalGuide me, O thou great Redeemer

Some small changes this morning. We began using the second Memorial Acclamation 'When we eat' — my intention is to introduce all three so that we do not always turn to the same one. There seems to be a common view that composers in setting the new acclamations either start with one text and then work out what to do with the other or two or at least write one successful acclamation and two other also-rans. So far I am not sure this is true with the revised Mass of Creation; it seems to me that one of its advantages is that each acclamation is distinctive. The other change is that we began using the Lamb of God in a litany rather than a responsorial form - so the congregation comes in with 'you take away…'

I was wondering why I don't think we have used this psalm since it was written in 1999. I presume that the Sunday has been replaced by All Saints in the intervening years,

No comments:

Post a Comment