Sunday, October 9, 2011

28th Sunday in Ordinary Time

9 October 2011

EntranceAll are welcome (Marty Haugen)
Penitential RiteSt Gabriels (mtgf)
GloriaSt Gabriels (mtgf)
Psalm 22I shall dwell in the Lord's house (mtgf)
Gospel AcclamationSalisbury (Christopher Walker)
Preparation of GiftsShepherd me, O God (Marty Haugen)
Eucharistic AcclamationsCreation (Marty Haugen)
Lamb of GodSt Gabriels (mtgf)
CommunionOne in body, heart and mind (Christopher Walker)
FinalPraise we our God with joy

New members today learnt one of our realties. What do you do when our accompanist is unable to come? Well, you sometimes have to discard the couple of pieces of music you prepared last week. What we replaced them with were part of what I recognise as some of our basic repertoire which is good to build up familiarity with so that it can be used as needed.

Shepherd me, O God was another version of the psalm. I presume the psalm was chosen for the image of a banquet and the Haugen setting reserves the 4 part verse for that text. I though the Walker One in body sound lovely unaccompanied with some gentle 'ahs' underneath the verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment