Sunday, October 23, 2011

30th Sunday in Ordinary Time

23 October 2011

EntranceYour love is finer than life (Marty Haugen)
Penitential RiteSt Gabriels (mtgf)
GloriaSt Gabriels (mtgf)
Psalm 17I love you, Lord, my strength (mtgf)
Gospel AcclamationSalisbury (Christopher Walker)
Preparation of GiftsNot for tongues (Dudley Smith/Joncas)
Eucharistic AcclamationsCreation (Marty Haugen)
Lamb of GodLamb of God 6 (mtgf)
CommunionLove one another (mtgf)
FinalNow thank we all our God ( )

Love of God; love of neighbour. I wanted the opening hymn to be about love of God and the final hymn to be about neighbour and was surprised that hymns about our love for God were not obvious. This seems odd and it may be a comment on my knowledge, our repertoire but my guess is that hymnbooks/writers may be more comfortable with love of neighbour.

So Your love is finer became the opening hymn; it always seems good to start with a psalm.

No comments:

Post a Comment