Sunday, August 12, 2018

19th Sunday in Ordinary Time

12 August 2018

Entrance Let all mortal flesh
Penitential Rite At the table of the Lord (Collegeville)
Gloria At the table of the Lord (Collegeville)
Psalm 33 Taste and see (mtgf)
Gospel Acclamation (Murray)
Preparation of Gifts Now we remain (David Haas)
Eucharistic Acclamations Missal
Lamb of God Nores (mtgf)
Communion Antiphon The bread that I shall give (mtgf)
Communion I received the loving bread ()
Final O bread of heaven

Trying to give a structure to these Sundays of John 6 is challenge - to give them both a distinctiveness and a commonality. As it is the summer there is a sense our Communion repertoire is being arranged over a number of Sundays. I am sure I have said this before but when we have a priest who prefers Penitential Act I ( I confess) to 3 the contrast in key between Kyrie (F#m) and Gloria (C) is quite stark and I suspect not planned by the composers.

No comments:

Post a Comment