Monday, May 28, 2018

7th Sunday of Easter

13 May 2018

Entrance Alleluia, sing to Jesus
Penitential Rite Lux et origo (mtgf)
Gloria Mass of Wisdom (Steven Janco)
Psalm 102 The Lord has set his sway in heaven (mtgf)
Gospel Acclamation Celtic (O'Carroll/Walker)
Preparation of Gifts Christ the glory (Lalouette)
Eucharistic Acclamations Mass of Wisdom (Steven Janco)
Lamb of God Lux et origo (mtgf)
Communion Antiphon Father, I pray (mtgf)
Communion Let your restless hearts (Irish/Bell/mtgf)
Final We have a Gospel to proclaim

It is over 10 years since we have celebrated a 7th Sunday of Easter. I always think of today's psalm response as my least favourite - unnecessarily archaic. We did use the straight response but in times past I have adapted a setting of The Lord is compassion and love to The Lord rules the heavens and the earth.

The piece at Communion was an even older resurrection. Iona words to a familiar Irish folksong I arrenged a simple second part for parish I was in in North London over 25 years ago. We sang it, unaccompanied, at the end of Communion on Maundy Thursday - myself and an Irish soprano from the choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment