Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Exaltation of the Holy Cross

14 September 2014

EntranceWhen I survey the wondrous cross
Penitential RiteSt Gabriel (mtgf)
GloriaAngels and Saints (Steven Janco)
Psalm 77Never forget (mtgf)
Gospel AcclamationSalisbury Alleluia (Christopher Walker)
Preparation of GiftsMay we have the mind of Christ (Marty Haugen)
Eucharistic AcclamationsCreation (Marty Haugen)
Lamb of GodAngels and Saints (Steven Janco)
Communion AntiphonWhen I am lifted up (mtgf)
CommunionGod so loved the world (Stainer)
FinalSing my tongue

I quite like the years when a number of Sundays are replaced by Feasts of the Lord. We had the Presentation of the Lord in February and will have the Dedication of the Lateran Basilica in November.

I thought we would try the Haugen setting of Philippians 2 again, and repeat it in a couple of weeks when the text is used for the 2nd reading. In a smiler way it is quite a while since we did the Stainer.

We jumped in the final hymn from the first verse to Faithful Cross which I hope conveyed some of the exaltation.

No comments:

Post a Comment