Sunday, September 21, 2014

25th Sunday in Ordinary Time

21 September 2014

EntrancePraise to the holiest
Penitential RiteSt Gabriel (mtgf)
GloriaAngels and Saints (Steven Janco)
Psalm 144The Lord is close (mtgf)
Gospel AcclamationSalisbury Alleluia (Christopher Walker)
Preparation of GiftsNo longer I (Bob Hurd)
Eucharistic AcclamationsCreation (Marty Haugen)
Lamb of GodAngels and Saints (Steven Janco)
Communion AntiphonI am the good shepherd (mtgf)
CommunionLead me, Lord (SS Wesley)
FinalTell out my soul

Not the easiest Gospel to find music to connect with. The choices were at tangents: Christ who comes at last in the opening hymn or the humble will be exalted at the end.

Freshers' week so I hope these were familiar, as a rule I tend not to animate less these day - but an occasion like today when we have a fair number of visitors or new people I offer a bit more - people were definitely picking up the Mass sheet and the regulars were also singing supportively.

No comments:

Post a Comment