Sunday, July 15, 2012

15th Sunday in Ordinary Time

15 July 2012

EntranceO the word of my Lord
Penitential RiteAt the Table of the Lord (Collegeville Composers Group)
GloriaAt the Table of the Lord (Collegeville Composers Group)
Psalm 84Let us see, O Lord (mtgf)
Gospel Acclamation (Murray)
Preparation of GiftsLord you have come to the seashore (Gabarain)
Eucharistic AcclamationsMissal (ICEL)
Lamb of GodLamb of God 9 (mtgf)
CommunionBread of life from heaven (Marty Haugen)
FinalForth in thy name

We had a first for us this morning. I had not asked the visiting priest, who is with us for July, what he was planning for the Penitential Act. The first week had spoke the invocations in the third form and we came in, the next we had the I confess and we followed on. This week, because I suspect he had our original Order of Mass card, he look non-plussed so I sang the invocations in the 3rd form - our first. I should note that people are singing the Kyrie well.

We also managed something I have long wished to try which is the verse of O the word of my Lord in parallel triads - which wasn't prepared but once one singer was adding the lower third I added the upper.

No comments:

Post a Comment