Sunday, July 1, 2012

13th Sunday in Ordinary Time

1 July 2012

EntranceLord of Life
Penitential RiteAt the Table of the Lord (Collegeville Composers Group)
GloriaAt the Table of the Lord (Collegeville Composers Group)
Psalm 29I will praise you, Lord (mtgf)
Gospel Acclamation (Murray)
Preparation of GiftsHealer of our every ill (Marty Haugen)
Eucharistic AcclamationsMissal (ICEL)
Lamb of GodLamb of God 9 (mtgf)
CommunionLord, your love has drawn us near (Stephen Dean)
FinalPraise my soul the King of heaven

Healing and thanksgiving for healing today. We had not used the Hebridean tune before so I sang it first and then it was repeated by all. I think it is a lovely tine and made a nice short entrance but not everyone was taken. Lord, your love started with the idea of thanksgiving and so a Eucharistic dimension. But I was struck by the idea of the Syro-Phoenician woman drawn to Jesus which gave the text and added dimension. I am sure I have said this before but I always wonder why we don't sing this more often - until we sing it and the use of the choir parts as an SATB echo means that we can't adapt it to our resources. By this I'm saying that it has to be both lovely and interesting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment