Sunday, February 24, 2019

7th Sunday in Ordinary Time

24 February 2019

Entrance Where charity and love prevail
Penitential Rite Winter (mtgf)
Gloria Newman (James MacMillan)
Psalm 102 The Lord is compassion and love (mtgf)
Gospel Acclamation Alleluia Beati (Christopher Walker)
Preparation of Gifts Faith, hope and love (Christopher Walker)
Eucharistic Acclamations Bede (mtgf)
Lamb of God Newman (James MacMillan)
Communion Antiphon I will recount (mtgf)
Communion Spirit of God within me (Naylor)
Final Praise my soul

It was a suggestion in The Liturgy Planner to sing Spirit of God within me to Coe fen. We have used the Joncas tune previously, which as a homage to Down Ampney I had presumed shared the same metre. However it fits Coe Fen well - with just a stretch in the first line. I wondered about tweaking it - something like Spirit of God within my heart - but resisted.

We have sung the first hymn before - but I am not sure to what tune. I had thought Conditor alme siderum but wrong metre. Today it was Tallis' Ordinal (Come Holy Ghost) which I don't when we last sang as a tune. My first impression was that people did know it but the weak spoken responses later might suggest otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment