Sunday, July 2, 2017

13th Sunday in Ordinary Time

2 July 2017

Entrance All are welcome
Penitential Rite At the table of the Lord (Collegeville)
Gloria At the table of the Lord (Collegeville)
Psalm 88 I will sing for ever (mtgf)
Gospel Acclamation (Murray)
Preparation of Gifts Neither death nor life (mtgf)
Eucharistic Acclamations Missal
Lamb of God Nores (mtgf)
Communion Antiphon Bless the Lord (mtgf)
Communion Centre of my life (Paul Inwood)
Final Will you come and follow me

Another go at the more streamlined setting of Romans 6. Looking back to 3 years ago I then noted it was 3 years since we had begun singing new settings (so now 6). I wondered then how long we might continue with the Missal Acclamations. My ambivalence to them continues: not convinced at an aesthetic level; recognising their functional success. Or to put it aonther way - people sing them and they do suit this period when we can be down to just singer on a Sunday.

A different matter — how does this Sunday's psalm fit in the Liruegy of the Word?

No comments:

Post a Comment