Sunday, October 23, 2016

27th Sunday in Ordinary Time

2 October 2016

Entrance Lord of Creation
Penitential Rite St Gabriel (mtgf)
Gloria Angels and Saints (Steven Janco)
Psalm 94 O that today (mtgf)
Gospel Acclamation Salisbury Alleluia (Christopher Walker)
Preparation of Gifts For peace (Antoine Oomen)
Eucharistic Acclamations Creation (Marty Haugen)
Lamb of God Angels and Saints (Steven Janco)
Communion Antiphon The Lord is good (mtgf)
Communion Lord, you have come to the lakeside ()
Final All my hope on God is founded

The phrase of St Augustine's 'Far too late have I begun to love you…' was mentioned a number of times in the homily. Looking at my colleagues and whispering 'we know a song about that…' I discretely went to the music cupboard during the Creed and returned with copies of Oomen's 'For Peace' which use the phrase as a refrain. It replaced 'We walk by faith' and I am not sure if it was noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment