Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Most Holy Body & Blood of the Lord

7 June 2015

Entrance Of the glorious body
Penitential Rite At the table of the Lord (Collegeville)
Gloria At the table of the Lord (Collegeville)
Psalm 115 The cup of salvation (mtgf)
Gospel Acclamation (Murray)
Profession of Faith Credo III
Preparation of Gifts Ave verum (Elgar)
Eucharistic Acclamations Missal
Lamb of God Nores (mtgf)
Communion Antiphon Whoever eats my flesh (mtgf)
Communion Take and eat (Michael Joncas)
Final Alleluia, sing to Jesus

Trinity Sunday seems to fall in to a regular repertoire and when choosing for today I thought the same was true but when I checked back last year was quite different. I am aware on these Solemnities do you celebrate the mystery or the readings and I think the first hymn was both the gospel and touching base with what I expect was a very hymn for many at some point - with St Thomas as the tune.

The one lesson from last year was that the text from Wisdom for the verses of the Communion antiphon was a bit of a mouthful and we used Psalm 22 instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment