Sunday, June 30, 2013

St Peter & St Paul

30 June 2013

EntranceInto a world
Penitential RiteAt the Table of the Lord (Collegeville Composers Group)
GloriaAt the Table of the Lord (Collegeville Composers Group)
Psalm 33From all my terrors (mtgf)
Gospel AcclamationAlleluia (Murray)
Profession of FaithCredo III
Preparation of GiftsThe love of the Lord (Michael Joncas)
Eucharistic AcclamationsMissal
Lamb of GodLuton (mtgf)
Communion AntiphonPeter said to Jesus (mtgf)
CommunionNow we remain (David Haas)
FinalThy hand, O God, has guided

It seems to be a long time since we had Ss Peter & Paul on a Sunday - 5 years I think. I had forgotten what we 'do' and with just a few of us plumped for Pauline texts. It was the last week of Credo III. I have a suspicion that it has been enjoyed, and sung, by those for whom it is ingrained in their past - indeed I have had more positive comments about that is usual. Whether it has spoken those to whom it is a foreign language I am less sure. I am pleased we have done it - if we do it again at Christmas we shall see if it has become part of people's songs of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment