Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Ascension of the Lord

8 May 2016

Entrance Hail, O festival day (Vaughan Williams)
Penitential Rite Lux et origo (mtgf)
Gloria Mass of Wisdom (Steven Janco)
Psalm 46 Our God goes up (mtgf)
Gospel Acclamation Celtic (O'Carroll/Walker)
Preparation of Gifts Christ the Glory (Lalouette)
Eucharistic Acclamations Mass of Wisdom (Steven Janco)
Lamb of God Lux et origo (mtgf)
Communion Antiphon Behold, I am with you always (mtgf)
Communion O rex gloriae (Marenzio)
Final Lord, you give the great commission

Given that I have often commented negatively on homilists and their inability to link what we hear from week to week I should praise our present celebrant who regularly refers back ( and forward) to help us see the long picture. Now I am not sure I wholly agree with him about the readings of the Easer Season - the working out the meaning of the risen Christ. I would prefer that the mean is worked through in the mystery of the Church - but that is a minor quibble.

We used the Ascension refrain for Hail, O festival day - but as noted last week the verses do not quite supply something direct - unless their is a version I have not come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment