Monday, March 28, 2016

Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord

21 March 2016

Entrance Procession Hosanna (Paul Inwood) + verses Ps 23
Psalm 21 My God, my God (Christopher Walker)
Gospel Acclamation Lenten (mtgf)
Preparation of Gifts Ours were the griefs (Stephen Dean)
Eucharistic Acclamations Missa Ubi Caritas (Bob Hurd)
Lamb of God Missa Ubi Caritas (Bob Hurd)
Communion Antiphon Father, if this chalice (mtgf)
Communion Father, if this cup (Stephen Dean)
Final My song is love unknown

I was away this Sunday and also the one before - but I was confident that everything would go well in my absence. Though this year we had an innovation - a procession. I have long felt that we have an ideal processional route. One of Walpole's follies known as the Chapel in the Woods provides an obvious starting point and then there is the piazza to process across to the chapel. The practical aspect of this for the musicians was that because I was away I had prepared the leaflets at the beginning of Lent - and though I don't think I would have changed what was done it placed a possible parameter. In the event they sang the usual Hosannas but I gave the choir some verses from Psalm 23 to chant in between to fill out the procession.

No comments:

Post a Comment