Sunday, April 14, 2013

2nd Sunday of Easter

7 April 2013

EntranceO sons and daughters
Penitential RiteLux et origo (mtgf)
GloriaMass of Wisdom (Stephen Janco)
Psalm 117Give thanks to the Lord (Collegeville Composers Group )
Gospel AcclamationCeltic (O'Carroll/Walker)
Preparation of GiftsWe walk by faith (Marty Haugen)
Eucharistic AcclamationsMass of Wisdom (Stephen Janco)
Lamb of GodLux et origo (mtgf)
Communion AntiphonBring your hand (mtgf)
CommunionNow we remain (David Haas)
FinalThis joyful Eastertide

While planning the Easter Season I did look over what we have done in previous years. Sometimes you can forget local ideas and solutions. As I suspect I have mentioned in previous years I find Easter not an easy season to prepare music for. I think it is because I find the horizontal and vertical aspects of the Lectionary more opaque than other seasons. By this I mean how the passages relate together on one Sunday coupled with how the semi-continuous Sunday by Sunday passages work. You could suggest that there is a further dimensions which is how the Sundays in each cycle relate - for example this Gospel is common to all three years. On other Sundays there some correlation between the Gospels in each cycle.

It is a very rich Gospel. We went more to towards Thomas rather than 'Peace be with you' and the gift of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment