Sunday, April 3, 2011

4th Sunday of Lent

3 April 2011

EntranceFor God so loved the world (mtgf)
Penitential RiteUbi Caritas (Bob Hurd)
Psalm 22The Lord is my shepherd (mtgf)
Gospel AcclamationLenten (mtgf)
Preparation of GiftsSong of the man born blind (Bob Hurd)
Eucharistic AcclamationsUbi Caritas (Bob Hurd)
Lamb of GodRemembrance (Marty Haugen)
CommunionShepherd me, O God (Bob Hurd)
FinalBe thou my vision

Light and shepherds were the key ideas. The gospel for these three Lenten Sundays are so rich both in their similarities and their differences. Again you might that psalm such as 26 - The Lord is my light and my help - might be first choice but the Lectionary offers a richer set of images: the one who is anointed, who is a light in the darkness, who leads to water and banquet.

I wondered if the Opening song for these weeks should more be an acclamation rather than a statement to echo the acclamations of faith in the gospels - You are the Christ…

No comments:

Post a Comment